OS/NOC Sports Administration Course in Delta State for members of the Nigeria Association of Physical Health Education, Sports and Dance NAPHER -SD.
OS/NOC Sports Administration Course in Delta State for members of the Nigeria Association of Physical Health Education, Sports and Dance NAPHER -SD.The programme which is scheduled from Tuesday 7th to Thursday 8th June, 2022 in Warri Delta State is in collaboration with NAPHER SD Delta State Chapter of the Association. through the efforts of the Chairman of the State Chapter. Mr. Godspower Odedede.The course is to anchored by the two approved OS National Course Directors Mr. Emmanuel Nweri and Dr. Mrs. Esther Aluko with the the following persons as facilitators;Prof.Clement Fasan, Prof. Abidoun Morofolu, Mr. Oyebode Oluseyi, Dr. Adebola Olajide and Mrs. Essen-Blue Jack etc.Mr. Emmanuel Nweri and Dr. Mrs. Esther Aluko..SignedProject Officer
6th OS/NOC Edition of Advanced Sports Management Course kick starts on Tuesday 10th to Thursday 12th May 2022.
The 2022/2023 Session of the 6th OS/NOC Edition of Advanced Sports Management Course kick starts in Nigeria on Tuesday 10th to Thursday 12th May 2022.
The Advanced Sports Management Course Is an Initiative of the International Olympic Committee through Olympic Solidarity and the National Olympic Committee.
The Olympic Committee of Nigeria has schedule to organize the first module of the 6th edition which is 2022/2023 edition in Lagos. The course is designed to equip sports administrators with knowledge of how to develop, maintain a solid and sustainable administrative structure that can deliver the support needed by athletes and administrators.
The course manual is based on Managing Olympic Sports organization and it comprises six chapters.
The targeted participants in this year\s edition are stakeholders from State Sports Council/Commission, Higher Institution, Associations, and Para-Militaries.
This edition of the programme will be a combination of onsite and virtual. It will be anchored by the two International Olympic Committee Certified Course Directors, Prof. Clement Fasan and Dr. Dyagas Jonathan, and other invited speakers,
The President of the Nigeria Olympic Committee Engr. Habu Ahmed Gumel will be around to declare the session open.
Nigeria Olympic Committee in conjunction with National Association of Physical, Health Education, Recreation, Sports and Dance Delta State Chapter, will be organizing Sport Administration Course for its members. The seminar will hold on Monday 6th – Friday 10th June 2022, at Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba Delta State.
The Sport Administrators Courses are an essential part of Olympic Solidarity’s management training strategy and a tool for anyone involved in managing, administering, organizing sport and organization, at local and national levels to organized in Nigeria under the auspices of the IOC.
Olympic Solidarity’s Sport Administrators Course help sport administrators of NOCs, National Federations (NFs) and other bodies responsible for the development of sport to work effectively, and efficiently within the Olympic and sport movements. Combining sport-specific guidance with general advice on subjects such as sport administration, athlete development, promoting the Olympic values and other topics.
The programme will be anchored by the following approved IOC National Course Directors and will also officially declared open by Engr. Habu Ahmed Gumel President, Nigeria Olympic Committee.
Mr. Emmanuel Nweri – Nigeria Olympic Committee, Senior Manager, (Games & Policy)
Dr. Mrs. Toyin Aluko – Chairperson, Association of Former Female Athlete of Nigeria
Dr. Simon Ebohjiaye – Director – FEAD, Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports, Abuja.
Capacity development is crucial and essential for individuals and organizational growth to improve empirical knowledge and further broaden skills to function and continue to stay relevant within a dynamic environment. The IOC in conjunction with Nigeria Olympic Committee (NOC) has been tremendously helpful in organizing trainings and workshops for relevant stakeholders in the sport circle.
At the end of a 3 day extensive and rigorous training sessions of the 6th Edition of International Olympic Committee (IOC) Solidarity Sports Administration Course For Sports Directors/Sports Officers Held at the Nigeria Olympic Committee (NOC) from 19 – 21 January, 2022, the following memo was reached:
1. The participants appreciated highly the commitment and quantifiable zeal of IOC/Olympic Solidarity/NOC for the consistent in their quest to educate and impact invaluable knowledge in stakeholders.
2. Appeal for more of the training not only for Sports administrators but also be extended to other stakeholders including Sports Media, Paramilitary, Entrepreneurs etc as the course encompass all works of life.
3. It’s imperative to note that organizing a training of this high standard is capitally intensive hence Appeal for more funds for grassroots sports Development especially for African countries is hereby solicited from IOC.
4. Participants root for urgent take-off of National Olympic Academy in Nigeria to enhance further sports development and propagate the teaching of Olympic values and importance.
5. Sustainability of this impactful Training hinges on funds availability, hence participants Appeal for more Private corporate involvement and support for sports development in the country.
6. Participants also clamour for government to pay more attention to sports Development which invariably serve as a tool to combat social vices affecting the country.