Capacity development is crucial and essential for individuals and organizational growth to improve empirical knowledge and further broaden skills to function and continue to stay relevant within a dynamic environment. The IOC in conjunction with Nigeria Olympic Committee (NOC) has been tremendously helpful in organizing trainings and workshops for relevant stakeholders in the sport circle.
At the end of a 3 day extensive and rigorous training sessions of the 6th Edition of International Olympic Committee (IOC) Solidarity Sports Administration Course For Sports Directors/Sports Officers Held at the Nigeria Olympic Committee (NOC) from 19 – 21 January, 2022, the following memo was reached:
1. The participants appreciated highly the commitment and quantifiable zeal of IOC/Olympic Solidarity/NOC for the consistent in their quest to educate and impact invaluable knowledge in stakeholders.
2. Appeal for more of the training not only for Sports administrators but also be extended to other stakeholders including Sports Media, Paramilitary, Entrepreneurs etc as the course encompass all works of life.
3. It’s imperative to note that organizing a training of this high standard is capitally intensive hence Appeal for more funds for grassroots sports Development especially for African countries is hereby solicited from IOC.
4. Participants root for urgent take-off of National Olympic Academy in Nigeria to enhance further sports development and propagate the teaching of Olympic values and importance.
5. Sustainability of this impactful Training hinges on funds availability, hence participants Appeal for more Private corporate involvement and support for sports development in the country.
6. Participants also clamour for government to pay more attention to sports Development which invariably serve as a tool to combat social vices affecting the country.